David has over 25 years experience in management consulting and senior IT Leadership and CIO positions in industry, having held senior positions at Accenture, Arthur Andersen, Andersen Legal, Head of Business Systems at the AA and latterly as CIO at McCarthy and Stone. He has worked across many sectors including construction, insurance, professional services, manufacturing, retail and investment banking delivering transformational change projects that deliver lasting business value, often with a strong technology component.
David’s particular focus has been on the delivery of integrated business improvement programmes requiring process, technology, people, data and often legal solutions:
- Devising and implementing IT and change strategies to improve profitability through innovative application of technology to drive radical process transformation
- Pioneering use of Big Data concepts in the construction industry to make step change improvements in ROCE through geo-demographic targeting and analytical platform used optimise pricing, sales force performance and marketing mix
- Managing the contractual complexities arising in M&A and pre-pack administration situations
- Procurement of cloud services to reduce costs and improve speed of delivery, for instance learning; MDM; geo-demographic data and business planning services
- Procurement of digital services including an award winning website and helping set up a new social media and web marketing department and running the AA’s web design and development team whilst it increased web-originated sales from 20% to 50% of sales.
- Being part of the Information Security team to bring practical solutions arising from the challenges of BYOD and customer data being split amongst multiple suppliers
- Originating, negotiating and operating outsource contracts across for diverse IT services such as helpdesk, technical services, application development and maintenance; break fix and networks.
- Improvements in service and cost performance through implementation of shared services
- Cost base reduction through improvements in supply chain and procurement
- IT Due diligence on both “buy side” and “sell side” of M&A situations
David’s breadth of skills gained in both blue chip consulting and practical hands-on management in leading companies delivering projects, programmes, business transformation, transformation of IT, outsourcing, combined with a short stint as head of technology for Andersen Legal adds an extra dimension to the Kemp Little Consulting offering.