Major change programmes and projects represent a significant investment in time and resources for most organisations. They also come with major risks and challenges. A large number of projects do not deliver what they were intended to, and there are many well-documented and publicised failures, particularly in large scale IT change programmes.
The need for sound programme and project management and the significant value that it brings is often underestimated. In our experience, blindly following a particular programme or project methodology rarely works in practice. Successfully delivering organisational change and business benefit requires a combination of; strong leadership and strategic alignment, a compelling vision for the future, rigorous stakeholder management, good governance, well-crafted plans, an adaptable and flexible approach and a relentless focus on delivering benefit, to name a few.
Above all it requires the deep experience necessary to ensure that all of these elements are appropriately and flexibly deployed based on the particular circumstances and needs of the business. At Kemp Little Consulting, we offer a full suite of Programme and Project Management services to help you realise the particular outcomes and benefits you desire from your change initiative:
- Developing a compelling vision, business case and blueprint for the future
- Designing the most appropriate approach and structure for your Programme/Project
- Developing firm foundations for change through best practice start-up and initiation methods
- Developing governance, control, ongoing direction and management frameworks
- Helping you to identify and manage risks and develop mitigation strategies to keep your programme on track
- Managing benefits delivery
We can help you at any stage of Programme/Project delivery to ensure your Programme delivers benefits. We can provide independent assurance as to the quality and deliverability of your Programme or Project. We can also provide diagnostic reviews to identify and resolve causes of Programme failure.
We add value by helping you to deliver lasting change, enhanced capability and business benefits, whether these be in; revenue or cost improvement, business simplification, enhanced security and control, risk minimisation, quality improvements or a combination of these.
Our Programme and Project disciplines and methods are integral to the delivery of many of Kemp Little’s and Kemp Little Consulting’s core services. For example, we can help you to design and deploy the right programme/project environment to deliver the following:
- Implementation of commercial technologies and new information systems
- Roll out of legal regulatory and compliance processes, policies and practices
- Delivery of complex outsourcing and procurement arrangements
- Delivery of employment changes, organisational restructuring and reorganisation
- Full lifecycle support and post-deal operational delivery for transaction support, M&A, JV Programmes
- Programme/Project assurance for dispute prevention and risk minimisation
- Independent review and diagnosis in IT dispute situations
Uniquely, we work with our colleagues in Kemp Little to integrate all legal and commercial aspects of the above, thereby providing a total solution and enhanced delivery efficiency and assurance across all dimensions – consulting, technology and law.