We support sales, account and bid directors attempting to win major service delivery engagements.
Changes in the technology and services delivery landscape are creating multiple challenges for IT suppliers needing to adapt to a dynamic and increasingly sophisticated marketplace. Customers are becoming more demanding and legislative obligations for the management of data are rising.
To respond, IT suppliers need to demonstrate they can add real value, provide innovative charging models and participate in increasingly sophisticated tendering and procurement processes. This is particularly relevant to established suppliers seeking to break into new, increasingly regulated markets.
To meet this challenge, we assist IT suppliers in the pre-bid phase to
- Understand the limits of their capabilities in the context of legal issues having a major impact on bid strategy and success e.g. data and security compliance
- Understand the consequences of bidding in a public sector or wider industry-specific regulatory environment
- Build and lead consortia
- Qualify and assess bids for commercial and delivery risk
- Develop innovative approaches to funding and supply.
Our legal colleagues in Kemp Little provide help during the contract negotiation process to:
- Respond to RFP/RFI terms
- Meet public sector procedure and procurement rules
- Tailor contracts for prime or multi-source arrangements
- Assist you to clarify and manage the allocation of risk within the contract
- Meet TUPE obligations
- Agree governance schedules.
Post-bid success we work with suppliers to:
- Develop a valid strategy for managing sub-contractors
- Complete detailed process and IT mapping exercises to support delivery
- Undertake data assurance exercises to ensure client data is fit for purpose
- Confirm through due diligence exercises the data, application and IT resources managed by exiting suppliers
- Document the client’s IT estate
- Provide independent determination of engagement status and issues during contract delivery
- Deliver transition and client management services to assist suppliers fulfil services obligations.
Our help includes creating innovative value propositions through to the provision of services input and proposal support combined with legal input from Kemp Little on alternative contract structures and how best to respond to key client needs.
This service is particularly relevant to new entrants to the European market.